Over the next few months, AR15 hunters will be inundated with new products that will be released at the 2018 SHOT Show. As we stated in a previous news report, where we discussed the announcement of the new Federal 224 Valkyrie cartridge, the 224 Valkyrie will be covered in depth by the AR15 Hunter staff. Savage has been teasing their AR15 chambered in this new cartridge, but finally made it official with the following press release.
The 224 Valkyrie produces flat trajectories, supersonic velocities up to 1,300 yards downrange and match-grade accuracy. Plus, it produces only half the recoil of larger cartridges needed to achieve comparable trajectories.
The competition-ready MSR 15 Valkyrie gets the most from the new cartridge’s unprecedented capabilities with an upgraded 18-inch barrel with 5R rifling and a crisp two-stage trigger. Its Elite Series Cerakote finish forms a tough, protective layer on the upper and lower, and its adjustable mid-length gas system can be customized to specific ammunition for the most reliable cycling.
Features & Benefits
• MSR 15 Recon platform built around the new 224 Valkyrie, which offers the best performance of any MSR 15 cartridge
• Elite Series Cerakote upper and lower
• Two-stage trigger
• Hogue pistol grip
• UBR Gen 2 buttstock
• Forward assist
• Muzzle brake with 1/2×28, Class 3 barrel thread
• Adjustable gas block
• 18-inch barrel with 5R rifling
• Mid-length gas system
Part No. / Description / MSRP
22939 / MSR 15 Valkyrie, 224 Valkyrie / $1,499
Latest posts by AR15 Hunter (see all)
- STAG Arms Announces the Stag 15 Valkyrie Series of AR15s in .224 Valkyrie - January 16, 2018
- CMMG Will be Chambering the New .224 Valkyrie in the Mk4 DTR2 AR15 - January 16, 2018
- Franklin Armory Announces Their New Reformation Line of NRS Firearms - January 11, 2018