Aero Precision Releases AR15 Gen2 Lower Receivers
Update 05/01/2015: We got our hands on one of the new Gen 2 lowers from Aero Precision and did a comparison video showing the differences from our Gen 1 lower. See our Youtube video above, as well as some close-up photos below.
Aero Precision is well known to most every user of the AR15 platform, due to their high-quality products, at fair prices. In particular, their upper and lower receivers, as well as their scope mounts, are very popular in the hunting community. Two days ago, Aero Precision announced their new, Generation 2 lower receivers, which include a new “nylon tipped tensioning set screw and redesigned flared magwell”. They also state that these changes will “transition across all Aero lowers in the near future”. The full press-release, with images, is posted below.
We have contacted Aero Precision and hope to have one of their new Gen 2 Lowers in hand to run through a full range and field report.
AERO PRECISION AR15 GEN 2 LOWER RECEIVERS ARE NOW AVAILABLE AND READY TO SHIP!
Product improvements include:
- Upper Tension Screw – Allows users to fine tune the fit of the upper and lower receiver through the use of a nylon tipped tensioning set screw inserted in the grip tang of the lower receiver. This provides a tight fit with any standard AR15 upper receiver.
- Increased Magwell Flare – Allows for easier insertion of magazines and provides a sleeker look.
The above features are currently only available in our AR15 Standard Lower Receiver but will soon be available in other configurations.
This product can now be purchased in the Aero Precision store:
Aero Precision Gen 1 VS. Gen 2
Below you will find some close-up photos showing the main differences between the two generations. Like the Gen 1 lowers we’ve come to love, the Gen 2 offers the same level of quality, with the added benefits of a flared magwell and the upper receiver tension screw. All the while, not adding to the overall cost; they are still some of the most affordable mil-spec or better lowers on the market.
- Hornady Adds the 224 Valkyrie with the New 88 Grain ELD Match Bullet - May 3, 2018
- STAG Arms Announces the Stag 15 Valkyrie Series of AR15s in .224 Valkyrie - February 25, 2018
- CMMG Will be Chambering the New .224 Valkyrie in the Mk4 DTR2 AR15 - January 16, 2018