Editor’s Note: The $1499.00 MSRP of the new Franklin Armory F17-V4 – 17WSM rifle brings the price down to the range many were waiting for in a high-end rifle, with a price that is affordable.
Highly Sought After Forged F17-V4™ Now Available to Ship Nationwide
Quality firearm manufacturer, Franklin Armory™ launches production of a new forged version of the highly sought after gas piston semiautomatic rimfire, the F17-V4™ chambered in .17 Winchester Super Magnum!
MORGAN HILL, Calif., November 3, 2014 — Franklin Armory™, maker of quality MSR firearms, is pleased to announce the launch of the forged F17-V4™ chambered in .17 Winchester Super Magnum.
“The new F17-V4 features all of the same proven characteristics that has made the F17-L one of the most reliable and accurate rimfire MSR (Modern Sporting Rifle) configurations on the market today,” said Jay Jacobson, Franklin Armory President. “Like all of our other quality firearms, we have incorporated the same attention to detail to provide a high-quality and reliable platform that I am sure all of our customers will truly appreciate.”
Compared to the 5.56 NATO cartridge, the .17 WSM obtains similar velocities with long range accuracy that most varmint hunting and target shooting enthusiasts desire. The gas piston system, developed in partnership with Osprey Defense, adds increased reliability and decreases cleaning requirements. Because the .17 WSM is a rimfire cartridge, it is not classified as an “Assault Rifle” in most states. In California, the F17-L™ is distributed with a standard magazine release button!
The Franklin Armory™ F17-V4™ platform is based on a traditional modern sporting rifle with a few key distinctions. The rifle’s buffer was custom made to match the lighter recoil and shorter stroke length of the .17 WSM. The patent pending bolt carrier group is based on the original Eugen Stoner design of a rotating locking bolt, but is cut differently to facilitate the custom sized magazine feed lips and the pistol length gas piston system. The carrier is also notched to have a fully functional forward assist. The Free float, tripod mountable handguard has provisions for installing a bipod stud and Magpul M-LOK accessories.
• 20” Heavy Full Contour with 11 Degree Target Crown and Recessed Muzzle, 1/9 Inch Twist, Salt Bath Nitride Chamber, Bore, & Finish, and Chambered in .17 WSM
• Fully Functioning Forward Assist
• Patent Pending Custom Designed 17 WSM Bolt Carrier Group
• Custom Osprey Defense Gas Piston System
• Franklin Armory™ Custom Tuned Trigger
• TML-12™ Handguard
• Custom .17 WSM 10 Round Magazine
• MSRP $1,499.99
Every firearm produced at our facility in Morgan Hill, California is created using 100% American made parts & materials! To learn more about the F17-L™ or to locate a Franklin Armory™ dealer, please visit www.franklinarmory.com.
- Hornady Adds the 224 Valkyrie with the New 88 Grain ELD Match Bullet - May 3, 2018
- STAG Arms Announces the Stag 15 Valkyrie Series of AR15s in .224 Valkyrie - February 25, 2018
- CMMG Will be Chambering the New .224 Valkyrie in the Mk4 DTR2 AR15 - January 16, 2018