• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ban1Sam21

Ban1Sam21

AR15 Hunter

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 04:05 AM

I got a New henry h001 sights rifle but it shoots about 2 inches high at 35 yards with all ammo except 22 shorts. The rifle is very accurate but isn't much of a squirrel rifle shooting that high.
I called Henry shortly after Christmas to see if they would send me a taller front sight. The Rep said they had no different sights but they would fix my rifle if I send it in. I really didn't want to send my rifle in and figured I'd buy a new front sight. I haven't found any after market sights that suit me. I did see that HiViz is bringing out a new Fiber optic sight and I put in a request to be notified by Midway when they receive their shipment.

I'm afraid the new sight will be the same height as the factory sight. I was curios if anyone has shimmed their front to raise the POA. If so was the original sight retaining screw long enough. The screw looks pretty short. I was curious if anyone knew the thread pattern for the front sight screw.

I also noticed the front sight has a molded square on the front of the base. I was curious if this square indicated the height of the sight and an easy way to track the different sights?

I figured I'd ask hear if anyone has been through this yet as apparently Henry recently dhanged the sights, my rear sight has a white verticle line from the bottom of the V notch. I may call Henry again to seek assistance if I don't figure something out on my own.

Any ideas would be appreciated

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users