• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Red

Red

AR15 Hunter

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 05:00 AM

1) How much effect does a float tube vs a standard A2 hand guard have on accuracy? I understand the float tube would generally be more accurate. My previous AR had a free float tube. So my question is what kind of accuracy could I reasonably expect with an A2 hand guard?

2) With a flat top receiver and fixed front sight, and say a 3-9 or 2-7 scope, will the front sight be an issue? Will it be seen in the scope?

3) anybody have anything negative to pass on about the Ruger AR-15?

#2 Globemaster

Globemaster

AR15 Hunter

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 04:44 PM

1) How much effect does a float tube vs a standard A2 hand guard have on accuracy? I understand the float tube would generally be more accurate. My previous AR had a free float tube. So my question is what kind of accuracy could I reasonably expect with an A2 hand guard?

depending on the manufacture of the parts and/or the assemblers skills, and depending on the skills of the shooter/rifleman; I’m sure the weapon would be capable of sub MOA given all of the variables noted.

2) With a flat top receiver and fixed front sight, and say a 3-9 or 2-7 scope, will the front sight be an issue? Will it be seen in the scope?

if your mounting an optic on an A3 ‘flattop’ receiver; and your carbine/rifle has a (FSB) forward sight base front sight;; you won’t see front sight in the scope; as you could lay a quarter in the bottom of the front lens right now, and not see the shadow of the quarter while looking in the optic … try it

3) anybody have anything negative to pass on about the Ruger AR-15?

I’ve never owned a Ruger® AR15 … what model is it?

The Nonsense Stops! … When The Hammer Drops!  
pausepatrol_gm_2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users